|Title||Role of Era in assembly and homeostasis of the ribosomal small subunit.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Nucleic Acids Res., Year 2019|
|Publish date||Jul 2, 2019|
|Authors||Aida Razi / Joseph H Davis / Yumeng Hao / Dushyant Jahagirdar / Brett Thurlow / Kaustuv Basu / Nikhil Jain / Josue Gomez-Blanco / Robert A Britton / Javier Vargas / Alba Guarné / Sarah A Woodson / James R Williamson / Joaquin Ortega /|
|PubMed Abstract||Assembly factors provide speed and directionality to the maturation process of the 30S subunit in bacteria. To gain a more precise understanding of how these proteins mediate 30S maturation, it is ...Assembly factors provide speed and directionality to the maturation process of the 30S subunit in bacteria. To gain a more precise understanding of how these proteins mediate 30S maturation, it is important to expand on studies of 30S assembly intermediates purified from bacterial strains lacking particular maturation factors. To reveal the role of the essential protein Era in the assembly of the 30S ribosomal subunit, we analyzed assembly intermediates that accumulated in Era-depleted Escherichia coli cells using quantitative mass spectrometry, high resolution cryo-electron microscopy and in-cell footprinting. Our combined approach allowed for visualization of the small subunit as it assembled and revealed that with the exception of key helices in the platform domain, all other 16S rRNA domains fold even in the absence of Era. Notably, the maturing particles did not stall while waiting for the platform domain to mature and instead re-routed their folding pathway to enable concerted maturation of other structural motifs spanning multiple rRNA domains. We also found that binding of Era to the mature 30S subunit destabilized helix 44 and the decoding center preventing binding of YjeQ, another assembly factor. This work establishes Era's role in ribosome assembly and suggests new roles in maintaining ribosome homeostasis.|
|External links||PubMed:31265110 / Publisher's page|
|Keywords||RIBOSOME / Ribosome assembly / 30S subunit / YjeQ protein / Era protein; cryo-electron microscopy|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||3.5 - 4.8 A|
+About EMN Papers
-Jul 5, 2019. Downlodablable text data
Downlodablable text data
- Some data of EM Navigator services can be downloaded as text file. Software such as Excel can load the data files.
Page データ Format EMN Search search result CSV, TSV, or JSON EMN statistics data table CSV or TSV
Related info.: EMN Search / EMN Statistics
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
+Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries
- Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries in EMDB and PDB
- Using PubMed data
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EM Navigator / Yorodumi Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi