|Title||Structure, function and pharmacology of human itch GPCRs.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Nature, Year 2021|
|Publish date||Nov 17, 2021|
|Authors||Can Cao / Hye Jin Kang / Isha Singh / He Chen / Chengwei Zhang / Wenlei Ye / Byron W Hayes / Jing Liu / Ryan H Gumpper / Brian J Bender / Samuel T Slocum / Brian E Krumm / Katherine Lansu / John D McCorvy / Wesley K Kroeze / Justin G English / Jeffrey F DiBerto / Reid H J Olsen / Xi-Ping Huang / Shicheng Zhang / Yongfeng Liu / Kuglae Kim / Joel Karpiak / Lily Y Jan / Soman N Abraham / Jian Jin / Brian K Shoichet / Jonathan F Fay / Bryan L Roth /|
|PubMed Abstract||The MRGPRX family of receptors (MRGPRX1-4) is a family of mas-related G-protein-coupled receptors that have evolved relatively recently. Of these, MRGPRX2 and MRGPRX4 are key physiological and ...The MRGPRX family of receptors (MRGPRX1-4) is a family of mas-related G-protein-coupled receptors that have evolved relatively recently. Of these, MRGPRX2 and MRGPRX4 are key physiological and pathological mediators of itch and related mast cell-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. MRGPRX2 couples to both G and G in mast cells. Here we describe agonist-stabilized structures of MRGPRX2 coupled to G and G in ternary complexes with the endogenous peptide cortistatin-14 and with a synthetic agonist probe, respectively, and the development of potent antagonist probes for MRGPRX2. We also describe a specific MRGPRX4 agonist and the structure of this agonist in a complex with MRGPRX4 and G. Together, these findings should accelerate the structure-guided discovery of therapeutic agents for pain, itch and mast cell-mediated hypersensitivity.|
|External links||Nature / PubMed:34789874|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||2.45 - 2.9 Å|
|Keywords||SIGNALING PROTEIN / GPCR|
+About EMN Papers
-Oct 5, 2021. Nobel Prize for mechanically activated and temperature-gated ion channels
Nobel Prize for mechanically activated and temperature-gated ion channels
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021 was awarded jointly to David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian "for their discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch."
- EM Navigator can help to find cryo-EM structure data by both pioneers.
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jul 5, 2019. Downlodablable text data
Downlodablable text data
Some data of EM Navigator services can be downloaded as text file. Software such as Excel can load the data files.
|EMN Search||search result||CSV, TSV, or JSON|
|EMN statistics||data table||CSV or TSV|
Related info.:EMN Search / EMN Statistics
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries
- Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries in EMDB and PDB
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / Q: What are the data sources of EM Navigator? / EM Navigator / Yorodumi Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi