|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 6639|
|Title||Cryo-electron microscopy of a deletion mutant (d385-399) of Flock House virus VLP|
|Keywords||Flock House virus / VLP / gamma|
|Sample||Virus-like particle of deletion mutant (d385-399) of Flock House virus|
|Source||Flock house virus / virus|
|Map data||Reconstruction of deletion mutant (d385-399) Flock House virus VLP|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 14.5 Å resolution|
|Authors||Bajaj S / Dey D / Kumar M / Banerjee M|
|Citation||J. Mol. Biol., 2016, 428, 3540-3556|
|Date||Deposition: Apr 29, 2016 / Header (metadata) release: Jun 15, 2016 / Map release: Dec 28, 2016 / Last update: Dec 28, 2016|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_6639.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 221185 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Virus-like particle of deletion mutant (d385-399) of Flock House virus
|Entire||Name: Virus-like particle of deletion mutant (d385-399) of Flock House virus|
Number of components: 1
Oligomeric State: 180 molecules of capsid protein make up one particle
|Mass||Theoretical: 9 MDa|
-Component #1: virus, Flock house virus
|Virus||Name: Flock house virus / Class: VIRUS-LIKE PARTICLE|
Details: Residues 385-399 of the capsid protein have been deleted
Empty: No / Enveloped: No / Isolate: SPECIES
|Mass||Theoretical: 9 MDa|
|Species||Species: Flock house virus / virus|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Spodoptera frugiperda / arthropod / Vector: pBacPAK9 / Cell of expression system: Sf21|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Costelytra zealandica / Host category: INVERTEBRATES|
|Shell #1||Name of element: Alpha / Diameter: 336 Å / T number(triangulation number): 3|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 2.5 mg/ml / Buffer solution: 50 mM HEPES, 5mM CaCl2 / pH: 7.4|
|Support film||300 mesh copper, Quantifoil R2/2 grid|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 77 K / Humidity: 100 %|
Method: Blot for 3 seconds at a blot force of 0 before plunging
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20 / Date: Jan 8, 2016|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 10 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 80000 X (nominal)|
Astigmatism: Objective lens astigmatism was corrected at 80,000x magnification
Cs: 1.2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 500 - 3000 nm
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Temperature: 94 K ( 77 - 97 K)|
|Camera||Detector: FEI EAGLE (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 1199 / Bit depth: 2|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi