|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 5428|
|Title||Cryo-EM reconstruction of Nudaurelia capensis omega virus (NwV) capsid at 4hr time point following maturation initiation|
|Keywords||Time-resolved / T=4 / quasi-equivalence / maturation|
|Sample||Nudaurelia capensis omega virus (NwV) capsid at 4hr time point following maturation initiation|
|Source||Nudaurelia capensis omega virus / virus / NwV (N omega V)|
|Map data||Reconstruction of Nudaurelia capensis omega virus (NwV) capsid at 4hr time point following maturation initiation|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 8.3 Å resolution|
|Authors||Matsui T / Lander GC / Khayat R / Johnson JE|
|Citation||Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2010, 107, 14111-14115|
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2010, 107, 14111-14115 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: May 29, 2012 / Header (metadata) release: Jun 4, 2012 / Map release: Jun 4, 2012 / Last update: Jun 4, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_5428.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 31251 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.768 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Nudaurelia capensis omega virus (NwV) capsid at 4hr time point fo...
|Entire||Name: Nudaurelia capensis omega virus (NwV) capsid at 4hr time point following maturation initiation|
Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: Icosahedral virus
-Component #1: virus, Nudaurelia capensis omega virus
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 10 mg/ml / Buffer solution: 100mM NaOAc, 250mM NaCl / pH: 5|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK I / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 90 K / Humidity: 100 % / Method: Blot for 5sec before plunging|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20 / Date: Feb 13, 2008|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Electron dose: 16.5 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 80000 X (nominal) / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1000 - 3000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
Datawereco llectedusi ngtheLegin onautomate delectronm icroscopyp ackageandd ataprocess ingwasperf ormedusing theAppionp ipeline
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Number of projections: 23392 / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: Projection matching / Software: EMAN / CTF correction: Each image|
Details: Data processing was performed using the Appion pipeline.
Resolution: 8.3 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi