|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3813|
|Title||Tomogram of the salmonella enterica wild-type bacterial flagellar motor|
|Sample||Salmonella enterica Flagellar motor|
|Source||Salmonella / bacteria|
|Authors||Beeby M / Ribardo DA / Brennan CA / Ruby EG / Jensen GJ / Hendrixson DR|
|Citation||Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2016, 113, E1917-E1926|
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2016, 113, E1917-E1926 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: Jul 14, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Jul 26, 2017 / Map release: Jul 26, 2017 / Last update: Aug 2, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3813.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 419431 KB)|
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 8.122 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Salmonella enterica Flagellar motor
|Entire||Name: Salmonella enterica Flagellar motor / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: cellular-component, Salmonella enterica Flagellar motor
|Cellular-component||Name: Salmonella enterica Flagellar motor / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Salmonella / bacteria / Strain: TH16943|
|Source (natural)||Location in cell: Cell wall|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: PH is not know. PH of 7 was added because PH is a mandatory item.|
|Support film||Quantifoil R2/2 grids (200-mesh) (Quantifoil Micro Tools GmbH) were glow-discharged for 60 s at 10 mA.|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK III / Cryogen name: ETHANE-PROPANE MIXTURE / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI 20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 0.6 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 50000 X (nominal) / Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 4000 - 10000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Tilt Angle: -61 - 61 deg.|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: electron tomography / Tilt angle increment: 3 deg. / Number of sections: 201|
|3D reconstruction||Software: IMOD, RAPTOR, Leginon / Resolution method: OTHER|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi