|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3286|
|Title||Evidence for a conformational switch in Influenzavirus M1 and its role in filamentous virion architecture|
|Keywords||Influenza A virus / FLUAV / polymerase / M1 / crown / leading tip / trailing tip / filamentous|
|Sample||Leading tip of filamentous Influenza A virions including inner leaflet, M1 and internal crown|
|Source||Influenza A virus / virus / Influenza virus|
|Map data||Reconstruction of inner membrane leaflet, M1 and attached densities at leading virion tips|
|Method||subtomogram averaging, at 76 Å resolution|
|Authors||Kiss G / Abdulsattar BO / Phapugrangkul P / Birch K / Jones IM / Neuman BW|
|Citation||To Be Published|
To Be Published Search PubMed
|Date||Deposition: Dec 17, 2015 / Header (metadata) release: Oct 12, 2016 / Map release: Aug 2, 2017 / Last update: Aug 2, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3286.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 1025 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 10 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Leading tip of filamentous Influenza A virions including inner le...
|Entire||Name: Leading tip of filamentous Influenza A virions including inner leaflet, M1 and internal crown|
Details: Compare to matched image of the opposite virion tip
Number of components: 1
-Component #1: virus, Influenza A virus
|Virus||Name: Influenza A virus / a.k.a: Influenza virus / Class: VIRION|
Details: Reconstruction of the inner layer of the viral envelope and attached densities likely representing polymerase molecules from native virions of mixed A/Aichi/X31 and A/Udorn strains. Map is Gaussian filtered to 7.6 nm the 0.5 FSC. Reconstructed in EMAN2.
Empty: No / Enveloped: Yes / Isolate: OTHER
|Species||Species: Influenza A virus / virus / Influenza virus|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Homo sapiens / human / Cell of expression system: MDCK|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Homo sapiens / human / Host category: VERTEBRATES|
Host species strain: Combined A/Aichi/2/68 and A/Udorn/307/72
|Shell #1||Name of element: M1|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK III / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 90 % / Method: Blotted 4s before plunging|
Details: Details for EM and reconstruction published in Calder et al., Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010 Jun 8; 107(23): 10685 to 10690.
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: OTHER / Date: Jan 1, 2010|
|Electron gun||Electron source: TUNGSTEN HAIRPIN / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Electron dose: 50 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Camera||Detector: FEI EAGLE (2k x 2k)|
|Image acquisition||URL of raw data: https://cryoem.nimr.mrc.ac.uk/recent-projects/|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi