|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1437|
|Title||Sindbis virus conformational changes induced by a neutralizing anti-E1 monoclonal antibody.|
|Sample||Sin-33 Fab treated Sindbis virus|
Sindbis virus / virus / シンドビスウイルス
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 24 Å resolution|
|Authors||Paredes AM / Hernandez R / West M / Brown DT|
|Citation||J. Virol., 2008, 82, 5750-5760|
|Date||Deposition: Sep 24, 2007 / Header (metadata) release: Oct 2, 2007 / Map release: Apr 23, 2008 / Last update: Oct 24, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1437.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 65537 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.5 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Sin-33 Fab treated Sindbis virus
|Entire||Name: Sin-33 Fab treated Sindbis virus / Number of components: 2|
|Mass||Theoretical: 45 MDa / Measured by: STEM mass measurements Brookhaven, NY.|
-Component #1: protein, Fab
|Protein||Name: Fab / Oligomeric Details: monomer / Recombinant expression: Yes|
-Component #2: virus, Sindbis virus
|Virus||Name: Sindbis virus / Class: VIRION / Isolate: STRAIN / Empty: No / Enveloped: Yes|
|Species||Species: Sindbis virus / virus / シンドビスウイルス|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Culex / arthropod / Host category: INVERTEBRATES|
|Shell #1||Name of element: Envelope / Diameter: 680 Å / T number(triangulation number): 4|
|Shell #2||Name of element: Nucleocapsid / Diameter: 400 Å / T number(triangulation number): 4|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 20 mM MOPS, 100 mM NaCl / pH: 7.4|
|Support film||holey carbon film|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 110 K / Method: Blot holey carbon grid from behind / Details: Vitrification instrument: plunger|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 4000EX|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 400 kV / Electron dose: 5 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 50000 X (nominal)|
Astigmatism: objective lens astigmatism was corrected at 60,000 times magnification
Cs: 4.1 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1000 - 3000 nm
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Side entry liquid nitrogen cooled / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Temperature: 110 K|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 6 / Scanner: ZEISS SCAI / Sampling size: 16 microns|
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Number of projections: 858 / Number of class averages: 19 / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Software: MRC / CTF correction: CTF correction of each particle / Resolution: 24 Å / Resolution method: FSC|
Details: Final map was calculated from 19 class averages using EMAN and imposing icosahedral symmetry
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi