|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-0845|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of African Swine Fever Virus capsid block 2|
|Sample||African swine fever virus:|
|Biological species||African swine fever virus|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 4.62 Å|
|Authors||Gao GF / Liu S|
|Funding support|| China, 1 items |
|Citation||Journal: Cell Host Microbe / Year: 2019|
Title: Cryo-EM Structure of the African Swine Fever Virus.
Authors: Sheng Liu / Yuzi Luo / Yajuan Wang / Shihua Li / Zhennan Zhao / Yuhai Bi / Junqing Sun / Ruchao Peng / Hao Song / Dongjie Zhu / Yuan Sun / Su Li / Li Zhang / Wei Wang / Yeping Sun / Jianxun ...Authors: Sheng Liu / Yuzi Luo / Yajuan Wang / Shihua Li / Zhennan Zhao / Yuhai Bi / Junqing Sun / Ruchao Peng / Hao Song / Dongjie Zhu / Yuan Sun / Su Li / Li Zhang / Wei Wang / Yeping Sun / Jianxun Qi / Jinghua Yan / Yi Shi / Xinzheng Zhang / Peiyi Wang / Hua-Ji Qiu / George F Gao /
Abstract: African swine fever virus (ASFV) is a large double-stranded DNA virus with an icosahedral multilayered structure. ASFV causes a lethal swine hemorrhagic disease and is currently responsible for ...African swine fever virus (ASFV) is a large double-stranded DNA virus with an icosahedral multilayered structure. ASFV causes a lethal swine hemorrhagic disease and is currently responsible for widespread damage to the pork industry in Asia. Neither vaccines nor antivirals are available and the molecular characterization of the ASFV particle is outstanding. Here, we describe the cryogenic electron microscopy (cryo-EM) structure of the icosahedral capsid of ASFV at 4.6-Å. The ASFV particle consists of 8,280 copies of the major capsid protein p72, 60 copies of the penton protein, and at least 8,340 minor capsid proteins, of which there might be 3 different types. Like other nucleocytoplasmic large DNA viruses, the minor capsid proteins form a hexagonal network below the outer capsid shell, functioning as stabilizers by "gluing" neighboring capsomers together. Our findings provide a comprehensive molecular model of the ASFV capsid architecture that will contribute to the future development of countermeasures, including vaccines.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_0845.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 244.1 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.41 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire African swine fever virus
|Entire||Name: African swine fever virus / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, African swine fever virus
|Virus||Name: African swine fever virus / Class: VIRION / Empty: No / Enveloped: Yes / Isolate: STRAIN|
|Species||Species: African swine fever virus|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 1.25 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi