|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 2qzf|
|Title||SCR1 of DAF from 1ojv fitted into cryoEM density|
|Descriptor||Complement decay-accelerating factor|
|Keywords||IMMUNE SYSTEM / SCR1 of DAF from structure 1ojv fitted into cryoEM density / Blood group antigen / Complement pathway / Glycoprotein / GPI-anchor / Immune response / Innate immunity / Lipoprotein / Membrane / Sushi / Immune system|
|Specimen source||Homo sapiens / human|
|Method||Electron microscopy (14 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Hafenstein, S. / Bowman, V.D. / Chipman, P.R. / Bator Kelly, C.M. / Lin, F. / Medof, M.E. / Rossmann, M.G.|
|Citation||J. Virol., 2007, 81, 12927-12935|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Aug 16, 2007 / Release: Oct 30, 2007|
Downloads & links
A: Complement decay-accelerating factor
Mass: 6884.702 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Fragment: SCR1 domain / Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens / human / References: UniProt: P08174
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Buffer solution||Name: 50mM MES / Details: 50mM MES / pH: 6|
|Specimen||Conc.: 2 mg/ml / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Details: quantifoils|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Details: blot before plunging|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI/PHILIPS CM300FEG/T / Date: Aug 6, 2004|
|Electron gun||Electron source: TUNGSTEN HAIRPIN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 45000 / Nominal defocus max: 4.6 nm / Nominal defocus min: 1 nm / Cs: 2 mm|
|Specimen holder||Temperature: 93 kelvins / Tilt angle min: 0 deg.|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 24 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Radiation||Diffraction protocol: SINGLE WAVELENGTH / Monochromatic or laue m l: M / Scattering type: x-ray|
|Radiation wavelength||Relative weight: 1|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: I|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 14 Å / Number of particles: 2269 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Atomic model building||PDB-ID: 1OJV|
|Number of atoms included #LAST||Protein: 479 / Nucleic acid: 0 / Ligand: 0 / Solvent: 0 / Total: 479|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi