|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1325|
|Title||Composition and three-dimensional EM structure of double affinity-purified, human prespliceosomal A complexes.|
|Sample||Human prespliceosomal A Complex|
|Source||Homo sapiens / human|
|Map data||Human spliceosomal A complex|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 45 Å resolution|
|Authors||Behzadnia N / Golas MM / Hartmuth K / Sander B / Kastner B / Deckert J / Dube P / Will CL / Urlaub H / Stark H / Luhrmann R|
|Citation||EMBO J., 2007, 26, 1737-1748|
EMBO J., 2007, 26, 1737-1748 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: Feb 16, 2007 / Header (metadata) release: Feb 16, 2007 / Map release: Feb 16, 2009 / Last update: Oct 10, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1325.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 3908 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 4.9 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Human prespliceosomal A Complex
|Entire||Name: Human prespliceosomal A Complex / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: cellular-component, Human prespliceosomal A Complex
|Cellular-component||Name: Human prespliceosomal A Complex / a.k.a: Prespliceosome / Oligomeric Details: monomer / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens / human|
|Source (natural)||Organelle: nucleus / Cell: HeLa|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI/PHILIPS CM200FEG|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Lens||Magnification: 88000 X (nominal), 122000 X (calibrated) / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER / Tilt Angle: 0 - 45 deg.|
|Camera||Detector: TVIPS TEMCAM-F415 (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: RCT / Software: IMAGIC / Resolution: 45 Å / Resolution method: FSC|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi