|Title||Conformational motions and ligand-binding underlying gating and regulation in IPR channel.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Nat Commun, Vol. 13, Issue 1, Page 6942, Year 2022|
|Publish date||Nov 14, 2022|
|Authors||Guizhen Fan / Mariah R Baker / Lara E Terry / Vikas Arige / Muyuan Chen / Alexander B Seryshev / Matthew L Baker / Steven J Ludtke / David I Yule / Irina I Serysheva /|
|PubMed Abstract||Inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors (IPRs) are activated by IP and Ca and their gating is regulated by various intracellular messengers that finely tune the channel activity. Here, using single ...Inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors (IPRs) are activated by IP and Ca and their gating is regulated by various intracellular messengers that finely tune the channel activity. Here, using single particle cryo-EM analysis we determined 3D structures of the nanodisc-reconstituted IPR1 channel in two ligand-bound states. These structures provide unprecedented details governing binding of IP, Ca and ATP, revealing conformational changes that couple ligand-binding to channel opening. Using a deep-learning approach and 3D variability analysis we extracted molecular motions of the key protein domains from cryo-EM density data. We find that IP binding relies upon intrinsic flexibility of the ARM2 domain in the tetrameric channel. Our results highlight a key role of dynamic side chains in regulating gating behavior of IPR channels. This work represents a stepping-stone to developing mechanistic understanding of conformational pathways underlying ligand-binding, activation and regulation of the channel.|
|External links||Nat Commun / PubMed:36376291 / PubMed Central|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||3.26 - 3.5 Å|
|Keywords||MEMBRANE PROTEIN / Calcium channel / lipid nanodisc|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Feb 9, 2022. New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
- Version 3 of the EMDB header file is now the official format.
- The previous official version 1.9 will be removed from the archive.
Related info.:EMDB header
External links:wwPDB to switch to version 3 of the EMDB data model
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
External links:COVID-19 featured content - PDBj / Molecule of the Month (242)：Coronavirus Proteases
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
External links:EMDB Accession Codes are Changing Soon! / Contact to PDBj
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
External links:wwPDB Remediation / Enriched Model Files Conforming to OneDep Data Standards Now Available in the PDB FTP Archive
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi