|Title||Benchmarking cryo-EM Single Particle Analysis Workflow.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Front Mol Biosci, Vol. 5, Page 50, Year 2018|
|Publish date||Jun 4, 2018|
|Authors||Laura Y Kim / William J Rice / Edward T Eng / Mykhailo Kopylov / Anchi Cheng / Ashleigh M Raczkowski / Kelsey D Jordan / Daija Bobe / Clinton S Potter / Bridget Carragher /|
|PubMed Abstract||Cryo electron microscopy facilities running multiple instruments and serving users with varying skill levels need a robust and reliable method for benchmarking both the hardware and software ...Cryo electron microscopy facilities running multiple instruments and serving users with varying skill levels need a robust and reliable method for benchmarking both the hardware and software components of their single particle analysis workflow. The workflow is complex, with many bottlenecks existing at the specimen preparation, data collection and image analysis steps; the samples and grid preparation can be of unpredictable quality, there are many different protocols for microscope and camera settings, and there is a myriad of software programs for analysis that can depend on dozens of settings chosen by the user. For this reason, we believe it is important to benchmark the entire workflow, using a standard sample and standard operating procedures, on a regular basis. This provides confidence that all aspects of the pipeline are capable of producing maps to high resolution. Here we describe benchmarking procedures using a test sample, rabbit muscle aldolase.|
|External links||Front Mol Biosci / PubMed:29951483 / PubMed Central|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||2.4 - 4.6 Å|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi