|Name *1||Rattus norvegicus|
rat, Norway rat, brown rat, rats
|Other names *3||common name: brown rat / rat / rats / GenBank common name: Norway rat / equivalent name: Rattus sp. strain Wistar / misspelling: Rattus norvegicus8 / Rattus norwegicus / includes: Buffalo rat / Rattus PC12 clone IS ...Buffalo rat / Rattus PC12 clone IS / Sprague-Dawley rat / Wistar rats / laboratory rat / zitter rats / others: Gunn rats / Rattus rattiscus|
|NCBI Taxonomy ID||10116|
|Lineage *3||cellular organisms > Eukaryota > Opisthokonta > Metazoa > Eumetazoa > Bilateria > Deuterostomia > Chordata > Craniata > Vertebrata > Gnathostomata > Teleostomi > Euteleostomi > Sarcopterygii > Dipnotetrapodomorpha > Tetrapoda > Amniota > Mammalia > Theria > Eutheria > Boreoeutheria > Euarchontoglires > Glires > Rodentia > Myomorpha > Muroidea > Muridae > Murinae > Rattus|
|Wikipedia||Wikipedia - Brown rat: The brown rat , also referred to as the common rat, street rat, sewer rat, Hanover rat, Norway rat, Norwegian rat, or wharf rat is one of the best known and most common rats. |
One of the largest muroids, it is a brown or grey rodent with a body up to 25 cm (10 in) long, and a similar tail length; the male weighs on average 350 g (12 oz) and the female 250 g (9 oz). Thought to have originated in northern China, this rodent has now spread to all continents except Antarctica, and is the dominant rat in Europe and much of North America—making it by at least this particular definition the most successful mammal on the planet alongside humans...
|References||*1: NCBI Taxonomy|
*2: Taxonomy icon (c) Database Center for Life Science licensed under CC Attribution2.1 Japan
*3: NCBI Taxonomy
+About Yorodumi Species
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Taxonomy data in EMDB/PDB/SASBDB
- Taxonomy database of sample sources of data in EMDB/PDB/SASBDB
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks