|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3763|
|Title||Sub-tomogram average of cytosolic yeast polysomes associated with mitochondria|
|Map data||Sub-tomogram average of cytosolic yeast polysomes associated with mitochondria|
|Sample||S. cerevisiae cytosolic polyribosome associated with mitochondria:|
|Source||Saccharomyces cerevisiae (baker's yeast)|
|Method||subtomogram averaging / cryo EM / 46 Å resolution|
|Authors||Gold VAM / Chroscicki P / Bragoszewski P / Chacinska A|
|Citation||Journal: EMBO Rep. / Year: 2017|
Title: Visualization of cytosolic ribosomes on the surface of mitochondria by electron cryo-tomography.
Authors: Vicki Am Gold / Piotr Chroscicki / Piotr Bragoszewski / Agnieszka Chacinska
Abstract: We employed electron cryo-tomography to visualize cytosolic ribosomes on the surface of mitochondria. Translation-arrested ribosomes reveal the clustered organization of the TOM complex, ...We employed electron cryo-tomography to visualize cytosolic ribosomes on the surface of mitochondria. Translation-arrested ribosomes reveal the clustered organization of the TOM complex, corroborating earlier reports of localized translation. Ribosomes are shown to interact specifically with the TOM complex, and nascent chain binding is crucial for ribosome recruitment and stabilization. Ribosomes are bound to the membrane in discrete clusters, often in the vicinity of the crista junctions. This interaction highlights how protein synthesis may be coupled with transport. Our work provides unique insights into the spatial organization of cytosolic ribosomes on mitochondria.
Copyright: 2017 The Authors. Published under the terms of the CC BY 4.0 license.
|Date||Deposition: Jun 14, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Jun 28, 2017 / Map release: Aug 30, 2017 / Last update: Oct 11, 2017|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3763.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 2049 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 6.7 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire S. cerevisiae cytosolic polyribosome associated with mitochondria
|Entire||Name: S. cerevisiae cytosolic polyribosome associated with mitochondria|
Number of components: 1
-Component #1: protein, S. cerevisiae cytosolic polyribosome associated with mit...
|Protein||Name: S. cerevisiae cytosolic polyribosome associated with mitochondria|
Recombinant expression: No
|Source||Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (baker's yeast)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.2|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
Details: blotted for ~4 s on one side in a humidified atmosphere
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 2 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 5000 - 8000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: subtomogram averaging / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric)|
|3D reconstruction||Software: IMOD / Resolution: 46 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5 CUT-OFF|
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi