|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1986|
|Title||CryoEM reconstruction of the Marburg virus nucleocapsid.|
|Keywords||Marburg / virus / nucleocapsid / Nucleoprotein / VP24 / VP35|
|Sample||Marburg virus nucleocapsid|
|Source||Marburg marburgvirus / virus / Marburg virus|
|Map data||This is a map of the Marburg virus nucleocapsid within virions.|
|Method||helical reconstruction, at 25 Å resolution|
|Authors||Bharat TAM / Riches JD / Kolesnikova L / Welsch S / Kraehling V / Davey N / Parsy ML / Becker S / Briggs JAG|
|Citation||PLoS Biol., 2011, 9, e1001196-e1001196|
PLoS Biol., 2011, 9, e1001196-e1001196 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: Nov 11, 2011 / Header (metadata) release: Nov 17, 2011 / Map release: Nov 17, 2011 / Last update: Oct 10, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1986.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 7912 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 4 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Marburg virus nucleocapsid
|Entire||Name: Marburg virus nucleocapsid / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Marburg marburgvirus
|Helical parameters||Hand: LEFT HANDED / Delta z: 5 Å / Delta phi: 24.3 deg.|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: PBS buffer with 4% PFA.|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Method: Plunge freezing / Details: Vitrification instrument: Plunge freezer|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI/PHILIPS CM120T|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Electron dose: 10 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 37000 X (nominal) / Cs: 6.3 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 0.6 - 4 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Gatan 626 / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Scanner: ZEISS SCAI / Sampling size: 14 microns|
|Processing||Method: helical reconstruction|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: real-space helical / Software: Spider, Bsoft / CTF correction: Phase flip / Resolution: 25 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Atomic model buiding
|Modeling #1||Software: Chimera / Refinement protocol: rigid body / Refinement space: REAL|
Details: Protocol: Rigid body. 4 monomers from the VSV Nucleoprotein structure were fitted in as a single rigid body without any corrections.
Input PDB model: 2WYY
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi