|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1882|
|Title||Mutually-induced conformational switching of RNA and coat protein underpins efficient assembly of a viral capsid.|
|Keywords||Bacteriophage MS2 / virus assembly / quasi-equivalence / ssRNA virus|
|Sample||Bacteriophage MS2 virus-like particles assembled in vitro from purified MS2 coat protein and genomic RNA|
|Source||Enterobacterio phage MS2 / virus / MS2|
Enterobacteria phage MS2 / virus / MS2
|Map data||This is a surface-rendered view of a Bacteriophage MS2 virus-like particle composed of purified coat protein and genomic RNA|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 32 Å resolution|
|Authors||Rolfsson O / Toropova K / Ranson NA / Stockley PG|
|Citation||J. Mol. Biol., 2010, 401, 309-322|
|Date||Deposition: Feb 21, 2011 / Header (metadata) release: May 13, 2011 / Map release: May 13, 2011 / Last update: Sep 26, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1882.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 31251 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.87 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Bacteriophage MS2 virus-like particles assembled in vitro from pu...
|Entire||Name: Bacteriophage MS2 virus-like particles assembled in vitro from purified MS2 coat protein and genomic RNA|
Number of components: 2 / Oligomeric State: One capsid to one RNA
-Component #1: virus, Enterobacterio phage MS2
|Virus||Name: Enterobacterio phage MS2 / a.k.a: MS2 / Class: VIRUS-LIKE PARTICLE / Enveloped: No / Empty: No / Isolate: STRAIN|
|Species||Species: Enterobacterio phage MS2 / virus / MS2|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 / |
Host category: BACTERIA(EUBACTERIA)
-Component #2: nucleic-acid, Single stranded RNA MS2 genome
|Nucleic-acid||Name: Single stranded RNA MS2 genome / a.k.a: Single stranded RNA MS2 genome / Class: RNA|
Details: Single stranded RNA MS2 genome was phenol-chloroform extracted from wild type MS2 phage
Structure: SINGLE STRANDED / Synthetic: No
|Source||Species: Enterobacteria phage MS2 / virus / MS2|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 50mM Tris-acetate, 1mM magnesium acetate, 40mM ammonium acetate|
|Support film||Quantifoil R2/1 200 mesh holly carbon grid|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Method: 1.6s blot|
Details: Vitrification instrument: Double-sided custom pneumatic blotter
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 18 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 50000 X (nominal), 52750 X (calibrated) / Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Side entry / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Scanner: OTHER / Sampling size: 9.88 microns / Bit depth: 16|
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Number of projections: 80 / Number of class averages: 19 / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: Projection matching / Software: Spider / CTF correction: Phase flip each particle / Resolution: 32 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi