|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1680|
|Title||Macromolecular crystal data phased by negative staining electron microscopy reconstructions|
|Keywords||Negative staining / electron microscopy / reconstructions / phasing|
|Sample||Type-II dehydroquinase (DHQ) from Candida albicans (CaDHQ)|
|Source||Candida albicans / yeast / カンジダ・アルビカンス|
|Map data||Macromolecular crystal data phased by negative staining electron microscopy reconstructions as a proof of principle|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 15 Å resolution|
|Authors||Trapani S / Schoehn G / Navaza J / Abergel C|
|Citation||Acta Crystallogr. D Biol. Crystallogr., 2010, 66, 514-521|
Acta Crystallogr. D Biol. Crystallogr., 2010, 66, 514-521 Yorodumi Papers
|Date||Deposition: Jan 13, 2010 / Header (metadata) release: Jan 18, 2010 / Map release: Jan 28, 2011 / Last update: Aug 29, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1680.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 2574 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.4 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Type-II dehydroquinase (DHQ) from Candida albicans (CaDHQ)
|Entire||Name: Type-II dehydroquinase (DHQ) from Candida albicans (CaDHQ)|
Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: Dodecamer
|Mass||Experimental: 200 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, CaDHQ
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.05 mg/ml / Buffer solution: 20mM NaCl, 10mM Tris-HCL / pH: 7.4|
|Support film||400 mesk copper grid|
|Staining||Negative staining using 1% methylamine vanadate, CH3NH2VO3|
|Vitrification||Instrument: NONE / Cryogen name: NONE / Details: Negative staining at room temperature|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 1200EXII / Date: Dec 12, 2006 / Details: Low dose negative staining|
|Electron gun||Electron source: TUNGSTEN HAIRPIN / Accelerating voltage: 100 kV / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Lens||Magnification: 50000 X (nominal)|
Astigmatism: Objective lens astigmatism was corrected at 100,000 times magnification
Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1000 - 2500 nm
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: JEOL|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 8 / Scanner: ZEISS SCAI / Sampling size: 7 microns / Bit depth: 8|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of class averages: 114 / Number of projections: 7200 / Applied symmetry: T (tetrahedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: Back projection / Software: Spider / CTF correction: Each negative|
Details: 7200 particles included in the reconstruction (out of 12000). 432 symmetry imposed
Resolution: 15 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi