|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1147|
|Title||Quaternary polymorphism of replicative helicase G40P: structural mapping and domain rearrangement.|
|Sample||C3 architecture of Bacteriophage SPP1|
|Source||Bacillus phage SPP1 / virus / image: Bacillus subtilis|
|Map data||Bacteriophage SPP1 helicase G40P: C3 architecture|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 24 Å resolution|
|Authors||Nunez-Ramirez R / Robledo Y / mesa P / Alonso JC|
|Citation||J. Mol. Biol., 2006, 357, 1063-1076|
|Date||Deposition: Aug 5, 2005 / Header (metadata) release: Aug 5, 2005 / Map release: May 17, 2006 / Last update: May 26, 2011|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1147.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 2001 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 4.1 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire C3 architecture of Bacteriophage SPP1
|Entire||Name: C3 architecture of Bacteriophage SPP1 / Oligomeric State: Homohexamer / Number of components: 1|
|Mass||Theoretical: 300 kDa / Experimental: 300 kDa / Measured by: gel filtration chromatography|
-Component #1: protein, helicase
|Protein||Name: helicase / Oligomeric Details: Hexamer / Recombinant expression: Yes / Number of Copies: 6|
|Mass||Theoretical: 300 kDa / Experimental: 300 kDa|
|Source||Species: Bacillus phage SPP1 / virus / image: Bacillus subtilis|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli / bacteria / / / Vector: pCB506|
|Source (natural)||Cell: Bacteria|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.2 mg/ml|
Buffer solution: 50mM HEPES, 50mM NaCl, 10mM MgCl2, 1mM ATP, 1mM dithithreitol
|Support film||collodion/carbon coated 400 mesh copper grid|
|Staining||Grids with adsorbed protein stained on 2% uranyl acetate for 1 minute|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: NONE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: JEOL 2000EX|
|Electron gun||Electron source: TUNGSTEN HAIRPIN / Accelerating voltage: 80 kV / Electron dose: 20 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Lens||Magnification: 60000 X (nominal) / Imaging mode: OTHER|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 40 / Scanner: ZEISS SCAI / Sampling size: 21 microns / Bit depth: 8|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 700 / Applied symmetry: C3 (3 fold cyclic)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: Random Conical Tilt / Software: SPIDER Xmipp / Resolution: 24 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi