|Title||Molecular Basis of Arthritogenic Alphavirus Receptor MXRA8 Binding to Chikungunya Virus Envelope Protein.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Cell, Year 2019|
|Publish date||Apr 26, 2019|
|Authors||Hao Song / Zhennan Zhao / Yan Chai / Xiyue Jin / Changyao Li / Fei Yuan / Sheng Liu / Zhengrong Gao / Haiyuan Wang / Jian Song / Leonardo Vazquez / Yanfang Zhang / Shuguang Tan / Carlos M Morel / Jinghua Yan / Yi Shi / Jianxun Qi / Feng Gao / George F Gao /|
|PubMed Abstract||Arthritogenic alphaviruses, such as Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), cause severe and debilitating rheumatic diseases worldwide, resulting in severe morbidity and economic costs. Recently, MXRA8 was ...Arthritogenic alphaviruses, such as Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), cause severe and debilitating rheumatic diseases worldwide, resulting in severe morbidity and economic costs. Recently, MXRA8 was reported as an entry receptor. Here, we present the crystal structures of the mouse MXRA8, human MXRA8 in complex with the CHIKV E protein, and the cryo-electron microscopy structure of human MXRA8 and CHIKV virus-like particle. MXRA8 has two Ig-like domains with unique structural topologies. This receptor binds in the "canyon" between two protomers of the E spike on the surface of the virion. The atomic details at the interface between the two binding entities reveal that both the two domains and the hinge region of MXRA8 are involved in interaction with CHIKV E1-E2 residues from two protomers. Notably, the stalk region of MXRA8 is critical for CHIKV virus entry. This finding provides important information regarding the development of therapeutic countermeasures against those arthritogenic alphaviruses.|
|External links||PubMed:31080063 / Publisher's page|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
+About EMN Papers
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
+Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries
- Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries in EMDB and PDB
- Using PubMed data
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EM Navigator / Yorodumi Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi