|Title||Structural analysis of receptors and actin polarity in platelet protrusions.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, Vol. 118, Issue 37, Year 2021|
|Publish date||Sep 14, 2021|
|Authors||Simona Sorrentino / Jose Javier Conesa / Ana Cuervo / Roberto Melero / Bruno Martins / Estrella Fernandez-Gimenez / Federico P de Isidro-Gomez / Jimenez de la Morena / Jan-Dirk Studt / Carlos Oscar S Sorzano / Matthias Eibauer / Jose Maria Carazo / Ohad Medalia /|
|PubMed Abstract||During activation the platelet cytoskeleton is reorganized, inducing adhesion to the extracellular matrix and cell spreading. These processes are critical for wound healing and clot formation. ...During activation the platelet cytoskeleton is reorganized, inducing adhesion to the extracellular matrix and cell spreading. These processes are critical for wound healing and clot formation. Initially, this task relies on the formation of strong cellular-extracellular matrix interactions, exposed in subendothelial lesions. Despite the medical relevance of these processes, there is a lack of high-resolution structural information on the platelet cytoskeleton controlling cell spreading and adhesion. Here, we present in situ structural analysis of membrane receptors and the underlying cytoskeleton in platelet protrusions by applying cryoelectron tomography to intact platelets. We utilized three-dimensional averaging procedures to study receptors at the plasma membrane. Analysis of substrate interaction-free receptors yielded one main structural class resolved to 26 Å, resembling the αβ integrin folded conformation. Furthermore, structural analysis of the actin network in pseudopodia indicates a nonuniform polarity of filaments. This organization would allow generation of the contractile forces required for integrin-mediated cell adhesion.|
|External links||Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A / PubMed:34504018 / PubMed Central|
|Methods||EM (subtomogram averaging)|
+About EMN Papers
-Oct 5, 2021. Nobel Prize for mechanically activated and temperature-gated ion channels
Nobel Prize for mechanically activated and temperature-gated ion channels
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2021 was awarded jointly to David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian "for their discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch."
- EM Navigator can help to find cryo-EM structure data by both pioneers.
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jul 5, 2019. Downlodablable text data
Downlodablable text data
Some data of EM Navigator services can be downloaded as text file. Software such as Excel can load the data files.
|EMN Search||search result||CSV, TSV, or JSON|
|EMN statistics||data table||CSV or TSV|
Related info.:EMN Search / EMN Statistics
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries
- Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries in EMDB and PDB
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / Q: What are the data sources of EM Navigator? / EM Navigator / Yorodumi Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi