|Title||Phase-plate cryo-EM structure of a class B GPCR-G-protein complex.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Nature, Vol. 546, Issue 7656, Page 118-123, Year 2017|
|Publish date||Jun 1, 2017|
|Authors||Yi-Lynn Liang / Maryam Khoshouei / Mazdak Radjainia / Yan Zhang / Alisa Glukhova / Jeffrey Tarrasch / David M Thal / Sebastian G B Furness / George Christopoulos / Thomas Coudrat / Radostin Danev / Wolfgang Baumeister / Laurence J Miller / Arthur Christopoulos / Brian K Kobilka / Denise Wootten / Georgios Skiniotis / Patrick M Sexton|
|External links||PubMed:28437792 / Publisher's page|
|Keywords||Binding Sites / Cell Membrane / Conserved Sequence / Cryoelectron Microscopy / Heterotrimeric GTP-Binding Proteins / Humans / Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Interactions / Ligands / Models, Molecular / Protein Conformation / Receptors, Calcitonin / SIGNALING PROTEIN / Class B G protein-coupled receptor Agonist-Receptor-G protein ternary complex Calcitonin receptor Active-state G protein-coupled receptor|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Source||Homo sapiens / / human|
Lama glama / Llama / mammal /
+About EMN Papers
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries
- Database of articles cited by 3DEM data entries in EMDB and PDB
- Using PubMed data
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EM Navigator / Yorodumi Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi