Showing all 5 items for author: c. & j. & stefan
A Human Antibody Against Zika Virus Crosslinks the E Protein to Prevent Infection
Method: single particle / : Hasan SS, Miller A, Sapparapu G, Fernandez E, Klose T, Long F, Fokine A, Porta JC, Jiang W, Diamond MS, Crowe Jr JE, Kuhn RJ, Rossmann MG
Model of full-length T. thermophilus Translation Initiation Factor 2 refined against its cryo-EM density from a 30S Initiation Complex map
Method: single particle / : Simonetti A, Marzi S, Billas IML, Tsai A, Fabbretti A, Myasnikov A, Roblin P, Vaiana AC, Hazemann I, Eiler D, Steitz TA, Puglisi JD, Gualerzi CO, Klaholz BP
Single particle electron microscopy of PilQ dodecameric complexes from Neisseria meningitidis.
Method: single particle / : Berry JL, Phelan MM, Collins RF, Adomavicius T, Tonjum T, Frye SA, Bird L, Owens R, Ford RC, Lian LY, Derrick JP
Atomic Model of Mm-cpn in the Closed State
Method: single particle / : Zhang J, Baker ML, Schroeder G, Douglas NR, Reissmann S, Jakana J, Dougherty M, Fu CJ, Levitt M, Ludtke SJ, Frydman J, Chiu W
+About EMN search
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
3DEM data search
- Advanced data search for EMDB and EM data in PDB widh various search and display options
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / EM Navigator / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / Yorodumi Search