-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Jul 18, 2018 (EMDB: 21, PDB:16)
+Jul 11, 2018 (EMDB: 26, PDB:17)
+Jul 4, 2018 (EMDB: 30, PDB:18)
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Prespliceosome structure provides insights into spliceosome assembly and regulation.
-Structures of human Patched and its complex with native palmitoylated sonic hedgehog.
+Cryo-EM structure of a fungal mitochondrial calcium uniporter.
+X-ray and cryo-EM structures of the mitochondrial calcium uniporter.
Nature, Year 2018
Chao Fan / Minrui Fan / Benjamin J Orlando / Nathan M Fastman / Jinru Zhang / Yan Xu / Melissa G Chambers / Xiaofang Xu / Kay Perry / Maofu Liao / Liang Feng
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Cryo-EM structures of fungal and metazoan mitochondrial calcium uniporters.
-About EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi