-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Oct 11, 2017 (EMDB: 9, PDB:5)
+Oct 4, 2017 (EMDB: 15, PDB:11)
+Sep 27, 2017 (EMDB: 13, PDB:9)Q: When the data are updated?
-Recent 3DEM papers
-A Human Bi-specific Antibody against Zika Virus with High Therapeutic Potential.
Cell, Vol. 171, Issue 1, Page 229-241.e15, Year 2017
Jiaqi Wang / Marco Bardelli / Diego A Espinosa / Mattia Pedotti / Thiam-Seng Ng / Siro Bianchi / Luca Simonelli / Elisa X Y Lim / Mathilde Foglierini / Fabrizia Zatta / Stefano Jaconi / Martina Beltramello / Elisabetta Cameroni / Guntur Fibriansah / Jian Shi / Taylor Barca / Isabel Pagani / Alicia Rubio / Vania Broccoli / Elisa Vicenzi / Victoria Graham / Steven Pullan / Stuart Dowall / Roger Hewson / Simon Jurt / Oliver Zerbe / Karin Stettler / Antonio Lanzavecchia / Federica Sallusto / Andrea Cavalli / Eva Harris / Shee-Mei Lok / Luca Varani / Davide Corti
Methods: EM (single particle, icos. sym.) / NMR (solution) / EM (single particle)
-Molecular basis of human CD22 function and therapeutic targeting.
Nat Commun, Vol. 8, Issue 1, Page 764-764, Year 2017
June Ereño-Orbea / Taylor Sicard / Hong Cui / Mohammad T Mazhab-Jafari / Samir Benlekbir / Alba Guarné / John L Rubinstein / Jean-Philippe Julien
Methods: EM (single particle) / X-ray diffraction
+3.2-Å-resolution structure of the 90S preribosome before A1 pre-rRNA cleavage.
+The cryo-electron microscopy structure of human transcription factor IIH.
+The Eukaryotic CO2-Concentrating Organelle Is Liquid-like and Exhibits Dynamic Reorganization.
Cell, Vol. 171, Issue 1, Page 148-162.e19, Year 2017
Elizabeth S Freeman Rosenzweig / Bin Xu / Luis Kuhn Cuellar / Antonio Martinez-Sanchez / Miroslava Schaffer / Mike Strauss / Heather N Cartwright / Pierre Ronceray / Jürgen M Plitzko / Friedrich Förster / Ned S Wingreen / Benjamin D Engel / Luke C M Mackinder / Martin C Jonikas
Methods: EM (subtomogram averaging)
-About EM Navigator
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi