-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Jun 20, 2018 (EMDB: 25, PDB:18)
+Jun 13, 2018 (EMDB: 28, PDB:14)
+Jun 6, 2018 (EMDB: 16, PDB:11)
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Structural basis for regulation of human acetyl-CoA carboxylase.
-Structural basis of mitochondrial receptor binding and constriction by DRP1.
+Structure of the µ-opioid receptor-G protein complex.
Nature, Year 2018
Antoine Koehl / Hongli Hu / Shoji Maeda / Yan Zhang / Qianhui Qu / Joseph M Paggi / Naomi R Latorraca / Daniel Hilger / Roger Dawson / Hugues Matile / Gebhard F X Schertler / Sebastien Granier / William I Weis / Ron O Dror / Aashish Manglik / Georgios Skiniotis / Brian K Kobilka
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Helicase-Dependent RNA Decay Illuminated by a Cryo-EM Structure of a Human Nuclear RNA Exosome-MTR4 Complex.
+A Flat BAR Protein Promotes Actin Polymerization at the Base of Clathrin-Coated Pits.
Cell, Year 2018
Leonardo Almeida-Souza / Rene A W Frank / Javier García-Nafría / Adeline Colussi / Nushan Gunawardana / Christopher M Johnson / Minmin Yu / Gillian Howard / Byron Andrews / Yvonne Vallis / Harvey T McMahon
Methods: EM (single particle) / X-ray diffraction
-About EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi