-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Feb 21, 2018 (EMDB: 154, PDB:12)
+Feb 14, 2018 (EMDB: 8, PDB:6)
+Feb 7, 2018 (EMDB: 38, PDB:17)
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Structures of C1-IgG1 provide insights into how danger pattern recognition activates complement.
Science, Vol. 359, Issue 6377, Page 794-797, Year 2018
Deniz Ugurlar / Stuart C Howes / Bart-Jan de Kreuk / Roman I Koning / Rob N de Jong / Frank J Beurskens / Janine Schuurman / Abraham J Koster / Thomas H Sharp / Paul W H I Parren / Piet Gros
Methods: EM (subtomogram averaging)
-In Situ Structure of Neuronal C9orf72 Poly-GA Aggregates Reveals Proteasome Recruitment.
Cell, Vol. 172, Issue 4, Page 696-705.e12, Year 2018
Qiang Guo / Carina Lehmer / Antonio Martínez-Sánchez / Till Rudack / Florian Beck / Hannelore Hartmann / Manuela Pérez-Berlanga / Frédéric Frottin / Mark S Hipp / F Ulrich Hartl / Dieter Edbauer / Wolfgang Baumeister / Rubén Fernández-Busnadiego
Methods: EM (subtomogram averaging) / EM (tomography)
+Folding DNA into a Lipid-Conjugated Nanobarrel for Controlled Reconstitution of Membrane Proteins.
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl., Vol. 57, Issue 8, Page 2072-2076, Year 2018
Yuanchen Dong / Shuobing Chen / Shijian Zhang / Joseph Sodroski / Zhongqiang Yang / Dongsheng Liu / Youdong Mao
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Cryo-EM shows how dynactin recruits two dyneins for faster movement.
Nature, Vol. 554, Issue 7691, Page 202-206, Year 2018
Linas Urnavicius / Clinton K Lau / Mohamed M Elshenawy / Edgar Morales-Rios / Carina Motz / Ahmet Yildiz / Andrew P Carter
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Physical basis of amyloid fibril polymorphism.
Nat Commun, Vol. 9, Issue 1, Page 699-699, Year 2018
William Close / Matthias Neumann / Andreas Schmidt / Manuel Hora / Karthikeyan Annamalai / Matthias Schmidt / Bernd Reif / Volker Schmidt / Nikolaus Grigorieff / Marcus Fändrich
Methods: EM (helical sym.)
-About EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi