-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Jan 17, 2018 (EMDB: 49, PDB:30)
+Jan 10, 2018 (EMDB: 17, PDB:13)
+Jan 3, 2018 (EMDB: 2, PDB:2)Q: When the data are updated?
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Structure of the yeast oligosaccharyltransferase complex gives insight into eukaryotic N-glycosylation.
-The peroxisomal AAA-ATPase Pex1/Pex6 unfolds substrates by processive threading.
Nat Commun, Vol. 9, Issue 1, Page 135-135, Year 2018
Brooke M Gardner / Dominic T Castanzo / Saikat Chowdhury / Goran Stjepanovic / Matthew S Stefely / James H Hurley / Gabriel C Lander / Andreas Martin
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Cryo EM structure of intact rotary H+-ATPase/synthase from Thermus thermophilus.
+Molecular mechanism of promoter opening by RNA polymerase III
+Mechanisms of mTORC1 activation by RHEB and inhibition by PRAS40.
Nature, Vol. 552, Issue 7685, Page 368-373, Year 2017
Haijuan Yang / Xiaolu Jiang / Buren Li / Hyo J Yang / Meredith Miller / Angela Yang / Ankita Dhar / Nikola P Pavletich
Methods: EM (single particle) / X-ray diffraction
-About EM Navigator
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi