-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Aug 15, 2018 (EMDB: 14, PDB:14)
+Aug 8, 2018 (EMDB: 35, PDB:23)
+Aug 1, 2018 (EMDB: 43, PDB:31)
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Cryo-EM structure of a mitochondrial calcium uniporter.
-Cryo-EM of the dynamin polymer assembled on lipid membrane.
Nature, Vol. 560, Issue 7717, Page 258-262, Year 2018
Leopold Kong / Kem A Sochacki / Huaibin Wang / Shunming Fang / Bertram Canagarajah / Andrew D Kehr / William J Rice / Marie-Paule Strub / Justin W Taraska / Jenny E Hinshaw
Methods: EM (helical sym.)
+Structure of the human PKD1/PKD2 complex
+Structural basis for the modulation of voltage-gated sodium channels by animal toxins.
Science, Year 2018
Huaizong Shen / Zhangqiang Li / Yan Jiang / Xiaojing Pan / Jianping Wu / Ben Cristofori-Armstrong / Jennifer J Smith / Yanni K Y Chin / Jianlin Lei / Qiang Zhou / Glenn F King / Nieng Yan
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Visualization of translation termination intermediates trapped by the Apidaecin 137 peptide during RF3-mediated recycling of RF1.
-About EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi