-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Jan 23, 2019 (EMDB: 46, PDB:21)
+Jan 16, 2019 (EMDB: 44, PDB:17)
+Jan 9, 2019 (EMDB: 17, PDB:2)Q: When the data are updated?
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Structure Studies of the CRISPR-Csm Complex Reveal Mechanism of Co-transcriptional Interference.
Cell, Vol. 176, Issue 1-2, Page 239-253.e16, Year 2019
Lilan You / Jun Ma / Jiuyu Wang / Daria Artamonova / Min Wang / Liang Liu / Hua Xiang / Konstantin Severinov / Xinzheng Zhang / Yanli Wang
Methods: EM (single particle) / X-ray diffraction
-Bidirectional Control of Autophagy by BECN1 BARA Domain Dynamics.
Mol. Cell, Vol. 73, Issue 2, Page 339-353.e6, Year 2019
Chunmei Chang / Lindsey N Young / Kyle L Morris / Sören von Bülow / Johannes Schöneberg / Hitomi Yamamoto-Imoto / Yukako Oe / Kentaro Yamamoto / Shuhei Nakamura / Goran Stjepanovic / Gerhard Hummer / Tamotsu Yoshimori / James H Hurley
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Supercharging enables organized assembly of synthetic biomolecules.
Nat Chem, Year 2019
Anna J Simon / Yi Zhou / Vyas Ramasubramani / Jens Glaser / Arti Pothukuchy / Jimmy Gollihar / Jillian C Gerberich / Janelle C Leggere / Barrett R Morrow / Cheulhee Jung / Sharon C Glotzer / David W Taylor / Andrew D Ellington
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Recognition of the amyloid precursor protein by human γ-secretase.
+Architecture of type VI secretion system membrane core complex.
-About EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi