-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Dec 5, 2018 (EMDB: 44, PDB:33)
+Nov 28, 2018 (EMDB: 43, PDB:28)
+Nov 21, 2018 (EMDB: 63, PDB:41)
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Mechanisms for Zinc and Proton Inhibition of the GluN1/GluN2A NMDA Receptor.
Cell, Vol. 175, Issue 6, Page 1520-1532.e15, Year 2018
Farzad Jalali-Yazdi / Sandipan Chowdhury / Craig Yoshioka / Eric Gouaux
Methods: EM (single particle)
-Cryo-EM Structure of the Human Ribonuclease P Holoenzyme.
Cell, Vol. 175, Issue 5, Page 1393-1404.e11, Year 2018
Jian Wu / Shuangshuang Niu / Ming Tan / Chenhui Huang / Mingyue Li / Yang Song / Qianmin Wang / Juan Chen / Shaohua Shi / Pengfei Lan / Ming Lei
Methods: EM (single particle) / X-ray diffraction
+Architecture of the CBF3-centromere complex of the budding yeast kinetochore.
+Structural basis of RIP2 activation and signaling.
Nat Commun, Vol. 9, Issue 1, Page 4993-4993, Year 2018
Qin Gong / Ziqi Long / Franklin L Zhong / Daniel Eng Thiam Teo / Yibo Jin / Zhan Yin / Zhao Zhi Boo / Yaming Zhang / Jiawen Zhang / Renliang Yang / Shashi Bhushan / Bruno Reversade / Zongli Li / Bin Wu
Methods: EM (helical sym.)
+Cryo-EM structures of KdpFABC suggest a K transport mechanism via two inter-subunit half-channels.
-About EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi