-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Jul 10, 2019 (EMDB: 43 / PDB: 26)
+Jul 3, 2019 (EMDB: 100 / PDB: 88)
+Jun 26, 2019 (EMDB: 65 / PDB: 44)
Other latests: New EMDB meta data, Updated EMDBs, Updated PDBsQ: When the data are updated?
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Structure of the Cdc48 segregase in the act of unfolding an authentic substrate.
-Target preference of Type III-A CRISPR-Cas complexes at the transcription bubble.
+Conformational transitions of a neurotensin receptor 1-G complex.
Nature, Year 2019
Hideaki E Kato / Yan Zhang / Hongli Hu / Carl-Mikael Suomivuori / Francois Marie Ngako Kadji / Junken Aoki / Kaavya Krishna Kumar / Rasmus Fonseca / Daniel Hilger / Weijiao Huang / Naomi R Latorraca / Asuka Inoue / Ron O Dror / Brian K Kobilka / Georgios Skiniotis
Methods: EM (single particle)
+The structure of a 15-stranded actin-like filament from Clostridium botulinum.
Nat Commun, Vol. 10, Issue 1, Page 2856-2856, Year 2019
Fujiet Koh / Akihiro Narita / Lin Jie Lee / Kotaro Tanaka / Yong Zi Tan / Venkata P Dandey / David Popp / Robert C Robinson
Methods: X-ray diffraction / EM (helical sym.)
+Role of Era in assembly and homeostasis of the ribosomal small subunit.
Nucleic Acids Res., Year 2019
Aida Razi / Joseph H Davis / Yumeng Hao / Dushyant Jahagirdar / Brett Thurlow / Kaustuv Basu / Nikhil Jain / Josue Gomez-Blanco / Robert A Britton / Javier Vargas / Alba Guarné / Sarah A Woodson / James R Williamson / Joaquin Ortega
Methods: EM (single particle)
-About EM Navigator
-Jul 5, 2019. Downlodablable text data
Downlodablable text data
- Some data of EM Navigator services can be downloaded as text file. Software such as Excel can load the data files.
Page データ Format EMN Search search result CSV, TSV, or JSON EMN statistics data table CSV or TSV
Related info.: EMN Search / EMN Statistics
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
+Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi